It is important that driving and managing persons for forklift trucks remember the principle of the“first safety” and ensure the safe operation as the description of Operation and Service Manual》.
1. Transport of Forklift Truck
Pay attention to the following items when you transport forklift trucks with container or trucks:
- Apply the parking brake.
- Fix the mast and the balance weight with steel wire.
- Sling points should be always at the positions specified in the sling index plate when hoisting up the forklift truck.
5. Cautions on Cooling System
The cooling system which is filled with HELI exclusive coolant free from maintenance normally before leaving the factory is used to cool the engine and hydraulic power transmission unit (hydraulic powered type forklift truck). The coolant filled in the truck cannot only protect the truck against freezing above-35℃, but also protect the cooling system from corrosion,scale-forming and increase the coolant boiling point remarkable. So the coolant concentration will not be reduced even in the warm season or area because of water replenishing.If greater anti-freezing protection is needed considering climate, please contact with local HELI sales network for HELI exclusive coolant with greater anti-freezing ability.
- If the radiator appears “boiling” or excessive coolant temperature, it is prohibited strictly to open the radiator cover immediately. Do as the following:
A: Park the truck at a safe area;
B: Keep the engine idling and open the engine hood to keep good ventilation;
C: Shut off the engine when the water temperature indicator points to the normal range;
D: Check the following points when the engine is cool completely:
- Check if the coolant lever is correct;
- Check if the fan belt is loose;
- Check the engine oil quality and oil level;
- Check if the radiator is clogged;
- Check if the thermostat can open normally;
2. Use HELI exclusive coolant in order to keep the engine and cooling system in good condition. Change it once a year. If the coolant is bad in less than one year, change it when necessary. When changing the coolant, clean the interior of the cooling system. The freezing point of the coolant should be at least 10℃ lower than the lowest environment temperature.
3. Replenish the coolant with HELI exclusive one only when the engine is cool when necessary avoiding engine damage. If there is no HELI exclusive coolant in an emergency, never add any additives. Add water only and contact with local HELI sales network for proper mixture as possible. Use new HELI exclusive coolant when replenishing. It is prohibited to add hard water such as tap water, mineral water, river water, well water to the cooling system avoiding radiator corrosion or scale forming which will reduce radiator performance and service life.
4. It is prohibited to contact the radiator core directly with sharp hard objects if the core is Clean it with water flow or air flow with the following set pressure value. Keep the mouth against the radiator core.
Water flow pressure: no higher than 0.49MPa (5kgf/cm²);
Air flow pressure: no higher than 0.98MPa (10kgf/cm²).
5. Coolant storage notes:
- Avoid direct contact with the coolant which is bad for health;
- Store the coolant in proper sealed container because the coolant steam is Make sure to keep it out of the reach of children because there is a danger of poisoning;
- Once the coolant goes to eyes, please wash with water and see a doctor;
- See a doctor immediately once the coolant is drank carelessly;
- Never use the coolant drained from the truck again. Place the coolant drained from the truck in a special container and deal with environmental rules.